Chile Con Queso
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
10 large roasted green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup shredded queso asadero (white Mexican cheese)
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup milk
salt to taste
– Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
– Stir in the onion and tomato; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
– Add the green chile; cook for 2 minutes then stir in the cheese and milk.
– Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the cheese has melted.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
500g beef mince
300g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
35g sachet reduced-salt taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
230g packet corn chips
1 cup grated tasty cheese
– Preheat oven to 200°C.
– Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
– Cook onion for 2 minutes, or until soft. Add mince.
– Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned.
– Add kidney beans, chilli powder, seasoning, tomato paste and water.
– Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until thick.
– Stir through coriander.
– Arrange corn chips on a heatproof plate.
– Top with mince.
– Sprinkle with cheese.
– Bake for 15 minutes, or until hot.
– Top with salsa, avocado and sour cream.
Chicken Monterrey Dinner
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
ground black pepper to taste
seasoning salt to taste
2 teaspoons dried parsley
– Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
– Dip chicken in lemon juice, and sprinkle with the onion powder, ground black pepper, seasoning salt and parsley.
– Discard any remaining lemon juice.
– Cook on the prepared grill 10 to 15 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Quesadilla Circulo Salad
4 – ounces salad greens
1 – package Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, cut into strips
1/2 – cup Quesadilla cheese or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 – Avocado, ripe, peeled and sliced
1 – Roasted red pepper, cut into julienne strips
1/2 – cup Cilantro, chopped
2 – Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 – cup Chipotle Mayo
– In a large salad bowl, top 4 ounces of salad greens with chicken and grated cheese.
– Garnish with the avocado slices, red pepper slices and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
– To make dressing, add fresh lime juice to Chipotle Mayo and drizzle over salad.
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, without tails
4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey cheese blend
2 cups fresh salsa
– In a mixing bowl, combine 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, ginger, hot sauce, and shrimp.
– Coat shrimp well with mixture, and marinate 2 hours.
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
– Grease a 9 inch glass pie dish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
– Fill flour tortillas with marinated shrimp, cheese blend and salsa.
– Fold tortillas into a roll and place in the greased pie dish.
– Spread a thin layer of salsa on top of the tortillas.
– Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
Chile Relleno Enchiladas
4 egg whites
1/3 cup all purpose flour
16 oz. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 cup evaporated milk
3 cans whole green chilies
1 8 oz. can enchilada sauce
– Spray a 2 quart casserole dish.
– In medium bowl, combine egg whites, milk, and flour; beat until well blended.
– Place 1/2 the green chilies in baking dish.
– Cover with 1/2 of the egg mixture.
– Spread 1/3 of the cheese on top.
– Repeat layers, saving last 1/3 of the cheese.
– Pour sauce on top of casserole.
– Bake @ 350*F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
– Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
– Bake an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese and until casserole is bubbly.
Chicken and Mushroom Fajitas
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, divided
1 Cup Red, Green, and Yellow Pepper Strips
1/2 Cup Celery, sliced
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
4 Cups Ontario Mushrooms, sliced
1 Pound Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into strips
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
8 Large Soft Flour Tortillas, heated
Grated Cheese, your choice
– In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the oil.
– Saute peppers, celery and onion 3 minutes or until soft.
– Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently; set aside; keep warm.
– Add remaining oil to skillet.
– Coat chicken with seasonings; saute, stirring 6 minutes, or until no longer pink.
– Return mushroom mixture to skillet; toss gently with chicken to mix.
– Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
– Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mushroom, chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
– Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Chicken Fajita Salad
2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
1/4 cup lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 cup whole almonds, toasted
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 avocado, sliced
– Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and oregano.
-Toss with chicken; marinate at least 30 minutes.
– In a skillet, heat remaining oil on medium-high.
– Saute onion 2 minutes.
– Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
– Add chicken to skillet; stir-fry until it begins to brown.
– Add red pepper, chilies and marinade; cook 2 minutes.
– Stir in almonds.
– Serve immediately over shredded lettuce and top with tomatoes and avocado.